Business | February 02, 2016
Nominate, celebrate and support Gippsland’s small and medium businesses
Tuesday 2 February 2016
Nationals MPs Russell Northe and Melina Bath are calling on Gippsland residents to celebrate the success of local businesses by nominating them for the 2016 Telstra Australian Business Awards.
“Our local businesses and the incredible people who run them are central to the strength of our local economy and it’s important we celebrate them,” Mr Northe said.
“In the Latrobe Valley I often speak to local business owners who I know work extremely hard and make plenty of sacrifices to run a business and nominating them is a wonderful way to recognise our local success stories.”
Ms Bath said nominating a business would give them the opportunity to be recognised among Australia’s best small and medium businesses.
“As a former small business owner I know how much dedication goes into ensuring your businesses provides the best possible service to customers while continuing to be financially sustainable,” Ms Bath said.
“I encourage everyone to get behind our local businesses by nominating them to show the rest of the state the outstanding operations we have here in Gippsland.”
Every business that enters the awards receives a free individual 70-page Business Health Check report that evaluates their business performance and provides a platform to review business strategy and plan for future growth.
Anyone can nominate a business they admire, with entries open from 3 February until 23 March 2016 across five Award categories:
- New Business Award – for businesses operating for one to three years with up to 500 employees
- Micro Business Award – for businesses with five employees or less
- Small Business Award – for businesses with more than five employees but less than 50
- Medium Business Award – for businesses with more than 50 employees but less than 500
- Charity Award – ACNC registered with DGR status, between one and 500 employees and an annual income of between $250,000 and $10,000,000
State and territory winners will be named at gala events later this year.
To nominate or enter the Awards, go to www.telstrabusinessawards.com or call the Telstra Australian Business Awards on 1800AWARDS for further information.
Media Contact: 5133 9088